The Women in Business Challenge – an initiative of ING and BiD Network – is a competition open to women entrepreneurs in emerging countries. Since its creation in 2009, Women in Business has provided support, coaching, visibility and finance to over 800 women heading businesses in emerging markets. 20 finalists have been supported and coached, 5 of whom have been awarded as laureates.
The 5th Women in Business Competition is new open for submission to women who have created a business plan, which fulfills the eligibility and evaluation criteria.
To participate in this competition, women entrepreneurs should submit a business plan online for a for-profit business.
They should have a financial need of US$10,000 to US$1,000,000 over the next three years.
Their business should have a positive social and/or environmental impact.
The business should be located or have impact in an emerging market.
- Receive feedback and support in writing your business plan
- Access our coaching program
- Win a business trip for training, b2b and investor meetings
- Get access to a network of more than 50,000 like-minded entrepreneurs, coaches and investors
- Compete for a €5,000 prize
Before you submit your plan:
1. March 1st, 2014: Deadline for the coaching program. Make sure your online application is submitted & that you selected Yes, I want a coach.
2. June 1st, 2014: Deadline for full business plans. You must submit your full business and financial plan (see the Toolkit for templates). If you did not apply before the 1st of March, you can apply now as long as you submit all the information required: application & business and financial plan.