New York African Restaurant Week (NYARW) is a week-long event, produced by two leading New York culinary events companies; Panla and A Taste of Africa USA. This will be the first time that New York will play host to African Restaurant week. Three course meals will cost $19.95 per person for lunch and $28.95 per person for dinner.
NYARW vouchers and gift certificates are available online at www.beUevents.com. Diners are also eligible for a 10% discount off regular menu items when they mention “New York African Restaurant Week” at any participating restaurants.
The inaugural New York African Restaurant Week (NYARW) affair also features:
• A food and wine tasting party at Taj Lounge (48 W 21st Street, Chelsea, NYC) from 2PM-8PM on Sunday, October 13. A variety of African wines and cuisine prepared by celebrity chefs Pierre Thiam, Brian Hayford and Chekh Cisse and A. Cisse will be illustrated at the event. This event will include food, wine, music, networking and philanthropy. Advance discounted $30 tickets are available for purchase online at www.beuevents.com;
• A variety of other food and wine events betweenOctober 14 and October 20 at six participating locations:
• “AfroBeats & Dinner” on Monday, October 14, from 4PM until 7PM, at Amarachi (http://www.amarachi325.com/
• “Africa & Food” on Wednesday, October 16, from 6PM until 10:30PM, at LeSouk Harem (http://www.lesoukny.com/
• “African Food and Wine meets Brooklyn” on Thursday, October 17, from 5PM until 10PM at Bedvyne (http://www.bed-
• “African Cuisine & Culture Party” on Friday, October 18, from 10PM until 2AM, at Buka located at: 945 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY;
• “A Taste of Senegal” on Saturday, October 19, from 2PM until 7PM, at Jollof (http://www.joloffjoloff.com)
• “Pan-African Literature Salon”, a reading event featuring three renowned African and Haitian literary authors, on Sunday, October 20, from 4PM until 7PM, at La Caye (http://www.lacayebk.com)
A select number of restaurants and wine brands represented during the inaugural NYARW include:
Bed Vyne Wine (http://www.bed-
Complete NYARW details, including a full list of participating restaurants, prix-fixe menus, chef bios and special events are available at: www.beUEvents.com. The site will be updated frequently to reflect new restaurants and events. Search #NYARW on Facebook and on twitter to get up to the minute details on new events, chefs and restaurants added to the NYARW roster.